About the company
elmTEK is a science and technology organisation, delivering innovative simulation and sensor solutions to our Defence customers. Our people are our business and we employ a highly motivated workforce comprising physicists, mathematicians and engineers. We are unique in this regard and we are known for our ability to answer complex questions through the use of simulations, hardware and human-in-the-loop systems. Our customers choose us because of our ability to work collaboratively in delivering outcomes that improve platform survivability through improved tactics and sensors across air, land and maritime contexts.
About the role
elmTEK is experiencing rapid growth across our simulation and sensor technology lines of business. We are looking for a talented Support Engineer/Technician to grow our existing workforce and progressive culture. Join us for the next stage of our growth and be part of our mission. We offer attractive remuneration and flexible working arrangements with a collegiate and supportive learning environment.
Initially working from our Adelaide offices (CBD or Mawson Lakes), then transitioning to Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group Edinburgh, you will be responsible for:
- Developing training and support material, in particular supply support and recommended provisioning
- Supporting the design team through the acquisition phase of the project
- Providing training to the customer
- Operate and maintain the system post-delivery and acceptance.
You are looking for the next opportunity to grow your career having built prior experience in operating and/or supporting Defence assets on a customer sites. You have or are interested in working in the Defence sector and working closely with the client. You are flexible, possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and can present complex technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You must be an Australian citizen and either hold or are willing to hold a Defence security clearance. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from permanent residents or visa holders due to the nature of our work.
Skills and experience
The following are essential in applying for this position:
- Technical qualifications, either degree or trade within an engineering environment or similar
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in a similar role (defence or otherwise)
We are interested in any of the following skills:
- Experience working within the Australian Defence Environment, including the ASDEFCON framework
- Experience in Logistics Support Analysis
- Experience in training and support
- Experience in operating and/or maintaining systems.
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Multiple locations in Adelaide including CBD, Mawson Lakes and Edinburgh Parks
- Salary sacrificing options
- Support for Defence reservist leave
- And many others
If you are able to address the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. Click here to apply.