About the opportunity
As part of our continued growth, we are pleased to invite applications from Senior Software Engineers with modern C++ experience to join our team in Adelaide, SA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working from our customer site at the Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) Edinburgh, SA, you will manage a small team to plan, develop, integrate, and test software products in an agile software development environment.
On this project, software and signal processing development work will be required to improve an enhanced radar real-time signal processing system.
You and your team will focus on improvements to the signal processing architecture, HMI (Human Machine Interface) development, hardware integration and signal processing techniques implementations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in a similar role, preferably within a defence environment
- High performance computing and systems integration expertise
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience leading a small team
- Software and hardware integration experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A tertiary qualification in software/computer systems engineering/computer science, or a related discipline
While not essential, experience with, and knowledge of the following will be highly regarded:
- Multi-threading and distributed systems
- Software development in a Linux environment
- Developing graphical user interfaces, e.g. Qt framework
- General purpose GPU development, e.g. NVIDIA CUDA
- RF signal processing
- Agile/scrum methodologies and toolchain
- Automated software testing
elmTEK is a science and technology organisation, delivering innovative simulation and sensor solutions to our Defence customers.
Our people are our business, and we employ a highly motivated workforce comprising physicists, mathematicians, and engineers. We are unique in this regard, and we are known for our ability to answer complex questions using simulations, hardware, and human-in-the-loop systems.
Our customers choose us because of our ability to work collaboratively in delivering outcomes that enhance platform survivability through improved tactics and sensor performance across air, land, and maritime contexts.
Defence security clearance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance at the time of commencement.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What we offer you
- A fun, engaged and inclusive culture with regular social get togethers
- Open and transparent communication; we keep you informed!
- A collaborative and collegiate work environment
- The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology to protect those who protect us
- A focus on health and wellbeing with access to our comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your immediate family
To express your interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!