About the opportunity
As part of our continued growth, we are pleased to invite applications for the newly created position of Software Architect – Technical Lead.
Reporting to the General Manager and working from our customer site at the Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) in Edinburgh, SA, you will lead the technical delivery of key software artifacts by a team of software engineers on air and land survivability projects.
Embedded with our customer and other elmTEK staff, you will coordinate activities and manage a diverse stakeholder group.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Ensure the delivery of outcomes meets contract deliverables and stakeholder expectations
- Take ownership of a complex software architecture to integrate and harmonise discreet capabilities into a single simulation capability
You are well organised and have an eye for detail. You enjoy engaging with people from both a technical and programmatic perspective and can drive a series of related projects from start to finish.
With a software/systems background, you can work on-the-tools and across the programmatic aspects of project delivery and your experience in software architecture will see you influence design and improve existing implementations to support future expansion of software capability.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role, preferably within a defence environment
- High level proficiency with C++, Python and Linux
- Proven experience in designing complex software architectures
- The ability to work in an agile environment and execute scrum methodologies
- An understanding of project management principles
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A tertiary qualification in software/computer systems engineering/computer science, or related discipline
While not essential, an understanding of modelling and simulation environments and experience working with electronic warfare principles will be highly regarded.
elmTEK is a science and technology organisation, delivering innovative simulation and sensor solutions to our Defence customers.
Our people are our business, and we employ a highly motivated workforce comprising physicists, mathematicians and engineers. We are unique in this regard, and we are known for our ability to answer complex questions using simulations, hardware and human-in-the-loop systems.
Our customers choose us because of our ability to work collaboratively in delivering outcomes that enhance platform survivability through improved tactics and sensor performance across air, land and maritime contexts.
Defence security clearance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either hold or be eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to NV1 level.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What we offer you
- A fun, engaged and inclusive culture with regular social get togethers
- Open and transparent communication; we keep you informed!
- A collaborative and collegiate work environment
- The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology to protect those who protect us
- A focus on health and wellbeing with access to our comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your immediate family
To express your interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!