About the opportunity
As part of our continued growth, we are pleased to invite applications from Software Engineers with experience in web application development to join our team in Perth, Western Australia. (WA)
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will work from our customer site at Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) Stirling on Garden Island, WA.
You will develop a web application for improving access to and searchability of, a library of recorded data to support analysis and extraction.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Plan, develop, integrate and test software products in an agile software development environment
- Produce software products that meet our client’s complex technical environment
- Manage database and application deployment
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid experience in a similar role, preferably within a defence environment
- Experience with implementing software in an agile environment
- Proficiency with several software languages, particularly Python and C++
- Experience with web development
- An intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- The ability to present complex solutions to both technical and non- technical audiences
- A tertiary qualification in software/computer systems engineering/computer science, or a related discipline
While not essential, the following will be highly regarded:
- An understanding of agile/scrum methodologies and/or full-stack web development
- Experience with the Django web framework, Linux and/or containerised environments
- An understanding of database administration
elmTEK is a science and technology organisation, delivering innovative simulation and sensor solutions to our Defence customers.
Our people are our business, and we employ a highly motivated workforce comprising physicists, mathematicians and engineers. We are unique in this regard, and we are known for our ability to answer complex questions using simulations, hardware and human-in-the-loop systems.
Our customers choose us because of our ability to work collaboratively in delivering outcomes that enhance platform survivability through improved tactics and sensor performance across air, land and maritime contexts.
Defence security clearance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either hold or be eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to NV1 level.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What we offer you
- A fun, engaged and inclusive culture with regular social get togethers
- Open and transparent communication; we keep you informed!
- A collaborative and collegiate work environment
- The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology to protect those who protect us
- A focus on health and wellbeing with access to our comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your immediate family
To express your interest in joining our team, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!